The City of Willmar has launched a new bike-share program! BikeWillmar launched with 40 bikes and 10 docking stations in May 2019 in celebration of National Bike Month. By providing low-cost rides, the bike share will allow riders to commute to work, run errands, or access recreational destinations throughout the community. Using a credit card, you’ll be able to rent a bike from one of 10 docking stations located throughout Willmar. Just download the Koloni App and follow the easy instructions on how to find an available bike, track your rental cost, and locate a hub to return the bike. Find the answers to your questions in our FAQ section below.
More Biking Resources
HOW TO RENT A BIKE
- Download the Koloni app on a mobile device. Google Play | App Store
- Search the map to find a Bike Docking Location.
- Rent a bike by scanning the bike QR code.
- Return a bike to a Bike Docking Location and lock it.
Bike Docking Locations
- Glacial Lakes State Trail Head
- Robbins Island Regional Park
- Miller Park -Selvig Park
- MinnWest Technology Campus
- Willmar Lakes Area CVB
- Archery Park on 19th Ave
- Willmar Ave at Swansson Field
- Rice Park -Southfield Park
Frequently Asked Questions
How much per hour to rent?
You can rent a bike for $1 per hour.
Are there season memberships?
Yes, there is a full season membership available for $20.00. The bike-share season runs from May to October (weather permitting).
Can I rent more than one bike at a time per account?
Yes, you may rent up to three bikes under one account at a time! Riders cannot exceed 3km from the phone whose rental is under.Can I end my ride if I’m not at a hub?
No, rides can only be completed at one of the ten hubs listed above. If not returned to one of the hubs listed above, a penalty fee will be charged.
Do I need a smartphone to be able to rent a bike?
Yes, a smartphone is required to rent a bike. Download the Koloni app from the App Store or Google Play to get started!
How do I start my ride?
On Smartphone device, download Koloni App, create an account, and add a credit card to the account,
How old do I have to be to ride?
You must be 18 years of age or older to rent and ride a bike.
Is there a limit on the number of hours I can ride per rental?
No, there is no limit on the number of hours you can ride per rental.
How do I activate the lock?
Push the right-side button on the lock to wake up the lock.
The app stated I was charged a penalty fee for not properly placing my bike at a hub location when I have done so, can this fee be waived?
Yes, please report the issue within the app, and we will get this resolved.
What if the lock will not lock upon completion of my ride?
If this occurs, please make sure you have ended your ride from your Smartphone device.
- It will prompt you to ’Slide up to end rental’, please be sure you have done this.
- If you have completed your ride in the app and the lock still won't lock for you, please try waking the lock, as you would begin your ride. Then try to rent the bike from the app. After your ride has begun, end your ride and the lock should reset itself. You should also notify BikeWillmar staff if your bike will not lock. They can be reached at 262-5288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I have come upon a bike that was already unlocked, what should I do?
If you come across a bike that is unlocked, please do not ride, as you could potentially be charged a penalty fee. Simply report the issue within the Koloni app, email BikeWillmar staff at email@example.com, or call 262-5288.
Are Helmets included?
No, Helmets are not included in the BikeWillmar program. However, we strongly encourage the use of helmets with your ride.