Candidate filing period for the Election is May 22, through June 5, 2018. Any eligible person may become a candidate by filing an affidavit of candidacy with the City Clerk at the City Office Building located at 333 SW 6th Street in Willmar. A fee of five ($5.00) dollars is to be paid at the time of filing. Notice of Filing
The Affidavit states the following:
- The residence of the candidate.
- That the candidate is a qualified voter in the City.
- The office for which the candidate is running.
- That the candidate has not filed for any other office at the same election.
- That the candidate’s name as it appears on the affidavit for ballot designation is the candidate’s true name or the name by which the candidate is commonly and generally known in the community.
A candidate may withdraw from the election by filing an Affidavit of Withdrawal with the City Clerk by 5:00 p.m., June 7, 2018. Thereafter, no candidate may file an Affidavit of Withdrawal.